My experiences this week with EE

Experiences, breakthroughs and challenges using the program

Re: My experiences this week with EE

Postby Ollie » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:42 pm

This week, yawning and very wet eyes during three-stage pipe breathing, following through to PotS; ending in tears rolling down my face. In addition, on Monday, I zoned out halfway through, whilst on Thursday, I had a sharp pain in my left big toe, as a prelude to a restless left leg – which I just observed.
Ollie
Certified Instructor

Postby Ollie » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:19 am

Another week spent experiencing tears and yawning during the two main EE sessions - Monday and Thursday. And, often followed by wet eyes during the night, when awaking from sleep, and sometimes in the evenings too.

During the day, either whilst reading, or making notes on readings I’ve felt overwhelmed, that’s OK to deal with – pipe-breathing :) and then starting slowly on something and gradually moving forward. The other thing that has happened, at these times, is an intense desire to scratch my body, particularly my scalp.

For itching, Louise Hay suggests that this is about desires that go against the grain, unsatisfied, remorse, and itching to get away. And skin – protects the individuality.

Louise Bourbeau suggests itching is that I want something but won’t let yourself have it, believe that life experiences make it impossible for you to fulfil your desires – preoccupied and exasperated. Fear of what people might say if you take what you want.

Whilst for skin, Louise Bourbeau suggests shame and self-deprication about how you perceive others judge you. And for scalp, this is about a sense of powerlessness / hopelessness, a lack of confidence in divine energy – stripping self of vital energy.
Ollie
Certified Instructor

Postby Ollie » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:29 am

This week, on both Monday and Thursday’s full sessions (well three-stage pipe-breathing and PotS), I experienced wet-eyes and yawning as usual during pipe-breathing, following through into PotS, where the yawns were mega in size and length, with tears rolling down my face at the end. Also, when reciting PotS, both before sleep and on awakening, as soon as I start I’m yawning!
Ollie
Certified Instructor

Postby Ollie » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:45 am

Another week spent experiencing tears and yawning during the two main EE sessions - Monday and Thursday.

And curiously, I noticed that when I listened to a CD for colloquially learning a new language, I experienced a similar effect, wide yawns and tears (it didn’t happen whilst listening to two other different language CDs). So, as they seemed totally unrelated, a little research was called for, and from diverse sources this is what was found:

Yawning and tears together
Yawning exerts pressure on the lacrimal sac causing normal tears, artificially

Yawning
Linked to cooling of the brain, activation of serotonin, dopamime, glutamic acid and nitric oxide
May be due to fatigue (tiredness, stress, overwork), or lack of stimulation
Displayed when faced with a worrying or dangerous situation, either as a warning signal or demonstrating a deterrent in the form of being less than threatened
Transition in the body’s biology from sleep to alertness, or vice versa, preparing for an increasingly energised state – a need to be more alert than normal
Releases muscular tension and works its way through the physical aspects of abuse – the silent scream of childhood past pain and terror
(From a Hindu source) relief valve for energetics (transference of energy) that are typically of a spiritual origin; activity of expressive and automatic balancing from body systems that govern areas of spiritual interaction – spiritual pressure being released; compressed action of release and invitation

Tears
The autonomic parasympathetic nervous system controls the lacrimal gland via acetylcholine
Psychic tears due to emotional stress or pain, suffering and/or mourning
‘Tears are the silent language of grief’ - Voltaire
Emotional overwhelm
Discharge of locked-up, pent-up energy, disposing toxic substances, released for maintenance of physical health and emotional balance; a form of catharsis – reduction of stress by releasing emotions
Tears are truth
Ollie
Certified Instructor

Postby Ollie » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:51 pm

Another week spent experiencing tears and yawning during the two main EE sessions - Monday and Thursday. During PotS, on Monday, I had a restless right foot and toes, and ended the session with tears running down my face. On Thursday, before PotS started I zoned out and came to some considerable time after Laura finished her recitation.

Outside of the sessions, whilst working on Self-sabotage using Pennebaker’s writing exercise, on the first day I ended up crying through it.

Another thing that I’d noticed as an increasing effect was that of dehydration, it seemed to exist longer through the day, despite having a water intake that’s close on twice what it was before going ketogenic. Louise Bourbeau suggests that dehydration is caused by cutting self off from feeling anything (that makes sense for me), especially about feeling good about self, allowing self to be depleted by what going on and by obsessive thinking. Well, that all fits.

Having completed the third day of the Pennebaker exercise, and reading the above had the effect of reducing the apparent duration of dehydration the following day.
Ollie
Certified Instructor

Postby Ollie » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:49 am

Another week spent experiencing tears and yawning during three-stage pipe breathing for the two main EE sessions - Monday and Thursday - with mega-yawns and with tears running down my face during PotS.
Ollie
Certified Instructor

Postby Ollie » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:34 pm

Another week of experiencing wet-eyes and yawning during three-stage pipe breathing and following through into PotS, with tears freely following on Monday, and a restless left leg. On Thursday, it was a case of zoning out towards the end of PotS.
Ollie
Certified Instructor

Postby Ollie » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:22 am

My experience of EE this week, for Monday and Thursday, whilst just doing three-stage pipe breathing and PotS, was, for both days, a case of yawning and wet-eyes during the first part and leading to tears during PotS.

Outside of the sessions, the Pennebaker writing exercises for clearing buffers, etc, have been quite productive, with copious ‘unconscious’ emotional releases during the night whilst asleep.
Ollie
Certified Instructor

Postby Ollie » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:26 pm

A ‘graphic’ week, on Monday, during PotS, seeing an image of mottled green in a black mosaic in the eye of my mind, before zoning out towards the end; whilst on Thursday, I had a vision of ‘Superman’, followed by an image of green mixed with blue. Not seen colours for a while.
Ollie
Certified Instructor

Postby Irini » Tue May 08, 2012 5:44 am

Ollie wrote:A ‘graphic’ week, on Monday, during PotS, seeing an image of mottled green in a black mosaic in the eye of my mind, before zoning out towards the end; whilst on Thursday, I had a vision of ‘Superman’, followed by an image of green mixed with blue. Not seen colours for a while.

That might be an indication that something is changing and shifting in you. Sounds as if you are getting a better reception (to use a tv analogy) from black and white to colour ;)
Love is anterior to life, posterior to death, initial of creation, and the exponent of breath ~ Emily Dickinson
Irini
Certified Instructor

PreviousNext

Return to Share Your Experiences